Saturday, May 23, 2020

THE SWEET SURPRISES THAT ARRIVED THE DAY BEFORE EID


One of the things that I missed the most during this month of Ramadhan was the act of kindness among friends. I used to get cookies, cakes and various other things a few days before Eid. However, due to the COVID-19 outbreak, movements had been restricted hence we could no longer carry out things we loved to do in the recent past.


Good deeds shall never be stopped though and today a Secret Recipe's chocolate cake was sent to my house by a Grab motorcycle rider.


I was already over the moon but my excitement had not yet ended. A few minutes after that. another Grab driver stopped by and handed over to me a Baskin Robbin's polystyrene container which housed two tubs of ice cream.


I guess I the best thing I could do is to thank my Chinese friends/ex-colleagues of SMK Taman Universiti for their kind thoughts and I pray may God repay their kindness. *tears of joy*
The literally sweet surprises have brought a ray of happiness and tomorrow, all these would be shared with others as well.

"Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy;
they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."
~ Marcel Proust ~

No comments:

Post a Comment