Friday, May 22, 2020

THE DIARY OF A MALAYSIAN TRAVELLING HOME FROM ABROAD DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC - PART SIX


15th MAY 2020 [Quarantine Day 8]



At about 1.00 p.m., the medical staff on duty knocked on my door and instructed us to fill in a form for the second swab test where another sample would be taken. They came back an hour later for the procedure and this time only the sample from the back of the throat was taken, It was not painful at all. I just had to open my mouth really wide, say "Aaaah..." and it was done in no time.



The food for sahur on day 8 of my quarantine was my favourite Nasi Lemak. As for the break fast meal, it came with a surprise this time: a Sudoku book. How thoughtful of them to provide us with some kind of activity to fill our free time. Sudoku was not my cup of tea though so the book remained untouched, like forever.





17th MAY 2020 [Quarantine Day 10]


The same mundane things had been repeated in the quarantine room - day in, day out. I just tried to make the best out of it and keep telling myself: this would soon be over, soon. In fact, there is nothing interesting to share from behins this locked door but I am thankful, up until now, my two daughters who are in the other two separate rooms, are still doing well and free from the evil COVID-19 virus. Still I pray hard for our test results to be negative. Four more days to go - FOUR! to our long awaited freedom.

19th MAY 2020 [Quarantine Day 12]



We actually had this Whatsapp Group created by the Ministry of Health specifically for our group which was quarantined in this hotel. Today, at 3.45 p.m. the happy news was posted in the group. based on the test done on the second sampling, everyone from this group was found to be NEGATIVE. Alhamdulillah, praise be to Allah for keeping us safe and prostration of gratitude [Sujud Syukur] was spontaneously performed just for that. We were all so happy not only we could now go back home, but also we were all free from COVID-19.


And I would already be a free woman on Friday, 22nd of May.

TO BE CONTINUED IN PART SEVEN

No comments:

Post a Comment