Monday, May 25, 2020

CELEBRATING EID 1441H DURING PANDEMIC TIME


1st SYAWAL 1441H/24th MAY 2020 ~ The COVID-19 pandemic has already changed the way people live and breathe. We are now even forced to adapt to the new normal for the social practices during the celebration of Eid this year. We have to follow the guidelines put forth so as to prevent the spread of the disease but Eid celebration will never be the same again. 


Eid's house visit was limited only on the first day and there should not be more than 20 people at the same time. However, if your house is small, and cannot accommodate 20 people with social distancing procedure, then that would also prohibited.  Too much restrictions had made Eid less fun in a way but all the safety measures were just for our own good.

Due to the time limit, the place I had to visit was my sister's place at Taman Selesa Jaya. Her family was already a crowd so that should be one full house when every family member was there.


As I still have some time before I had to go home so I had to maximize my Eid visit because that would not happen again the next day. The next house visited was of Puan Rokiah Junoh's at Taman Nusantara in Gelang Patah which happened just to be 18 minutes' drive away from my sister's place. Of course she said it was alright for me to come over when we whatsapp-ed each other earlier. I am a regular visitor to her house for Eid and I am glad I still could make it this year.


At first, there was a guest when I arrived, then two more came and about four more a few minutes after. I decided it was time to ask for permission to leave. It was a short visit but it was good to be able to pay Puan Rokiah, her husband and daughter a visit again.


So that was all for the Eid visit report this year.

There will be no more never-ending posts of Eid visits in my blog like last time for sure. Let's just pray that this pandemic will end very soon. The new normal is definitely not something we have to live our lives with for more years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment