Sunday, October 4, 2020

PICNIC SESSION AT PUTRAJAYA LAKE WITH [OLD] FRIENDS, AGAIN

26th SEPTEMBER 2020 ~ I knew a few friends of UPM TESL class of 1993 were planning to have a lakeside picnic at Putrajaya [again] before I decided to attend a wedding invitation there. I did not tell them that I would be traveling to Shah Alam, or the possibility of me joining them on that sunny Saturday morning.


This was actually the third time our group members had a gathering here but I could be there for the second meeting.

the one who baked Victoria Sandwich cake for us

I guess I did surprise the two early birds, and you could see their reaction in this video.

VIDEO 1: when my friends were surprised to see me.








We were there to celebrate someone's [belated] birthday too.



more people arriving, with a guitar






VIDEO 2: singing the birthday song acapella style.


VIDEO 3: birthday song accompanied by the [gentle] strumming of a guitar.




It was a short picnic, which lasted for almost 2 hours, filled with activities which were just chatting, laughing, eating and singing the birthday song twice. I guess regular visitors to Putrajaya Lake on Saturday morning will be looking for us every time they arrive at this very spot near McDonald's.

Thanks my friends for the food and the company, and most importantly the fun time. As all good things must come to an end, we had to part our ways and hopefully there would be other gathering for our TESL group soon. And thanks also to the host, Mr. Ridwan Wahid, for driving [me] all the way from Shah Alam and back, for the picnic. It was actually quite far from his house to the picnic spot, but I had to follow him wherever he went. 😆

No comments:

Post a Comment