Wednesday, October 7, 2020

HOSTING THE GASTRONOMIC ADVENTURERS IN TOWN - PART ONE


1st OCTOBER 2020 ~ My friend of UPM TESL class of 1993 was in town with her husband and daughter all the way from Seremban for a more extreme gastronomic adventure. It was my pleasure to play host to them and to enjoy the local cuisines available.


I met them after school at this restaurant called Mee Rebus House in Kebun Teh, near Holiday Plaza and Angkatan Tentera Primary School. This was a late lunch for Puan Sakinah and her family (after having their other meal at Kari Kambing 40 Hari earlier). They had been planning to go to this exact place twice before but it was closed so this should be an achievement. As for me, this was actually my first time here as I have my own stalls to get the famous Mee Rebus. I took away the food home and my verdict: it was good but the taste of the dried shrimps in the gravy was a bit too strong for me. It was great that now I have a new eating place to take other people when they come visiting.







Later in the evening, we met at another well-known place for Kacang Pool Haji located near the fire station. It was our dinner/supper session which was just a simple dish - toasted bread dipped in minced meat gravy.






We had to conclude the adventure of the day as there were other eating places to visit and food to try the next day.

TO BE CONTINUED....

No comments:

Post a Comment