Monday, October 5, 2020

PLAYING TOURIST IN SHAH ALAM CITY


26th SEPTEMBER 2020 ~ Today I played tourist in the heart of Shah Alam city, and Mr. Ridwan Wahid [my ex-coursemate of UPM TESL class of 1993] was the one who had the role of the tourist guide. The vert first stop was in front of this signage "I LOVE SHAH ALAM" which should be an important landmark for visitors, I supposed.


Then I was taken to a building which is synonymous to the city: Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah Mosque. Unfortunately, because of the C19 pandemic, the mosque was not opened to visitors so I had to be contented to get photographed outside the building, and the tourist guide suddenly became the photography director.


The last time I went here was back in the early 90's when I was on a school excursion with SMK Gelang Patah. The bus stopped at the mosque in the wee hour of the morning so we could clean ourselves and then perform the morning prayer before continuing with our journey.
















The second tourist's attraction visited was Shah Alam Lake Park. There should be more people here on Saturday afternoon but there were just a few. It was either people were very cautious because of the pandemic or the heavy black clouds hanging in the sky.






















That should conclude my 2D1N trip to Shah Alam this time. I would have to thank the gracious hosta, Mr. Ridwan Abd. Wahid and the wife, Pn. Suhaila, for the warmth and hospitality throughout my stay there. Hopefully there will be other opportunity to explore Shah Alam some other time in the future, especially when things have become better.

No comments:

Post a Comment