Friday, December 31, 2021

BIDDING FAREWELL TO 2021


TODAY is the last day of the year. All in all, it is another year filled with long days of Movement Control Order because of the pandemic and how it has affected me personally in ways I cannot explain. There are less social activities and contact with other human beings and there is no way digital communication can replace real time and real space human interactions. One of the things I cannot do is travelling to see the world and more other fun thing, like training the angklung group and playing the musical instrument as well. I personally find that working life in school has been more complicated and things get really messy in many ways. I just hope I am strong enough to go through another 2 more years before signing off for my early retirement once I complete my 30-year service in teaching.


It was a solo early dinner session to bid farewell to the year 2021 at Rumah Udang. Still, I am thankful for all the things I have in life - especially the good health and friends who still "talk" to me in times when I am confined to the invisible borders we created. Let's see what 2022 has to offer and hope the coming year will be better and we can live the life that we have missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment