Saturday, September 3, 2022

ALL THAT HAPPENED ON SATURDAY


Something that I rarely do is driving long distance to and fro but today was exceptional. I drove the extra miles attending three weddings in three districts: Muar, Kulai and Johor Bahru, within the time span of 9 hours in my old car. Alhamdulillah, thanks to Allah, I arrived home safe and sound. Here is the report in brief.

WEDDING #1
The wedding of my cousin's son
Simpang Jeram, Muar

I arrived at his house at 10:30 a.m. and there were already two guests present. When I thought I was the earliest, there were other birds earlier than me. I had to be on the road earlier just not to get trapped in the traffic jam on the highway as it was the school holiday now. At the same time, I had to get to two other receptions right away.




Wedding is the event that allows reunion between relatives to take place too. The last time I met my cousin and her husband was 5 years ago when they came to visit me in the hospital.




I made a decision before driving back home to stop by at Sai Kee 434 Coffee Shop, the famous one in Muar, as I had to get something to bring back home. Even though I was already full, I still ordered the coffee and toasts. When in Muar, eat like Muar people do.


WEDDING #2
The wedding of Ms. Nureen Kaifli
an ex-student of SMK Taman Universiti
Bandar Putra, Kulai


Arrived at the bride's parents' house at 2 something and saw a few familiar faces. Another reunion session with ex-students of SMKTUN took place as usual so there were more photos this time.


Even the three brothers of the bride are my ex-students but one of them could not be present this time around.
















WEDDING #3
The wedding the daughter of an ex-colleague
of SMK Taman Universiti
Puan Sabariah Manshor
Kassim Noor Event Hall, Kg. Sungai Danga, Johor Bahru


The last wedding of the day took place at this wedding hall I had never been to. I met another two ex-colleagues of SMKTUN but did not have the chance to take photos with them. And there were an ex-student with her husband and daughter at a table so I happily joined them for company.










Everybody seems to organize wedding receptions on the weekend of the school holiday so it is time to get fat again when one has to attend many events in one day.

And more wedding receptions to be attended tomorrow and next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment