Wednesday, April 24, 2024

VISITING THE WAR MUSEUM IN PENANG


   25th FEBRUARY 2024    ~ One place that I had never been to in Penang was its War Museum. I had been in Penang a few times already so I had to list down the tourist spots that I had never visited. When I arrived, there were not many people. The entrance fee was RM22 for a local resident. One thing which I did not expect was the size of this tourist attraction.





Things you need to know before going:

[1] You need to have a pair of strong feet as you would be walking along a long distance treks, going up and down the hills. After paying RM22 I had no choice but to climb up all the way up the steep steps and walk down. There seemed to be no short cuts as you had to follow the one way directions to get to all the places in the museum.


[2] Bringing along your bottled water would be a great idea as the only place where you could get drinking water was at the ticket counter.


There was one spot in the museum where you could get a scenic view of Penang Second Bridge.


[3] This place was not for the faint-hearted. There were places that were quite spooky and I could feel the negative vibes, especially those dark rooms in the hill or the small tunnel that led to nowhere. Unfortunately, visitors were left on their own to explore the place, no staff or officers at all when I was there. In case of emergency, one would be left there unattended.




You can get more information about this place HERE.


























I felt much slimmer after getting out of this place and prayed I did not do any damage to my knees. It was an interesting visit to the real World War ll remnants. It reminded me of my trips to similar places in Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam long time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment