Monday, September 16, 2024

ATTENDING THE WEDDING RECEPTION OF AN EX-COLLEAGUE'S SON


It is quite rare for the Malay community to hold wedding receptions on weekdays. However, today was a public holiday in conjunctions with Malaysia Day and I received an invitation from an ex-colleague of SMK Taman Universiti. Mr. Kamil Kassim held the reception for his son at Kolej Perdana Hall in Universiti Teknologi Malaysia [UTM].










The father of the groom was the only person I knew of all the people in the hall so it was only a short stay. It was kind enough of him top still invite me to the reception even though we were not in contact anymore.




Earlier, at the entrance of the university, I was greeted by an ex-student of SMK Gelang Patah, the first school where I was posted as a teacher. Mr. Norzaiham Katelan is currently the security officer attached to the institution. I am always happy when an ex-student takes the effort to say "hi" and introduce himself/herself.

That should be a wedding receptions hat trick - overeating continuously for three consecutive days.

No comments:

Post a Comment