Wednesday, January 2, 2019

MY HUA HIN GASTRONOMIC ADVENTURE - BREAKFAST-HUNTING AT SOI 88


18th DECEMBER 2018 ~ I went for breakfast-hunting in the morning of the second day. The hotel receptionist gave me the direction to Soi 88 which was a 10-minute walking distance away from my accommodation at Soi 94. By now, I already figured "SOI" would mean "road" in English.


There were two gigantic cockerels in the middle of the roundabout at Soi 88. I wonder what did they represent and I could see these (fake) fowls around town too.


Life was more relaxed and started at a slow pace in Hua Hin. I was already at that place a few minutes before 7:00 a.m. but there were still not many people who had gone out from their houses to go to work. There were many stalls selling all sorts of food for breakfast by the road side.


























I found two stalls operated by two Muslim ladies so it was worth the effort to walk there to hunt for halal food. I chose the Briyani rice for breakfast but there was not much choice actually. Most of the food sold was heavy and rice-based but I was still happy I did not have to eat instant noodles (again) that morning.

stall selling halal breakfast #1

stall selling halal brekafast #2

There should be many stalls/restaurants offering halal food in Hua Hin I suppose. It is just a matter of trying to find them.


No comments:

Post a Comment