Thursday, January 10, 2019

THE TEA ROOM AT MRIGADAYAVAN PALACE IN HUA HIN


18th DECEMBER 2018 ~ Another must-visit spot in Hua Hin is Mrigadayavan Palace to learn a bit of the history of this place. It is the summer palace of the Siam's royalty - even though there should not be any summer in Thailand. Situated on a huge piece of land, be prepared to walk a bit when you are here. There are basically two parts of the palace: the Tea Room and the main building.









Not many people seemed to go and see the Tea House. Once you enter the road that leads into the palace, take the first turn on your left to get to the Tea House. Going to the right will take you straight to the Palace building.










You will first see a monument where there is a statue of a Siam's King. The writing on the sign board was in Thai so I could not really learn anything there.










Walk a bit further and right at the end of the road, you will find the Royal Tea Room. The wooden house stood majestically facing the sea and if I were rich, I would definitely build a house like this. But that is not going to happen.





spot the barista
There was a real cafe there so you can actually sip your afternoon tea like a king while enjoying the picturesque view of the sea.








I asked the lady barista whether it was okay to roam around the place and walk on the grass as I was the only tourist at that moment. I did not want to end up in jail for trespassing the royal lawn.




















I wished I could spend a longer time here but the driver only gave me an hour to explore this place so I had to find my way to the palace building.

No comments:

Post a Comment