Thursday, November 25, 2021

COFFEE SESSION AT KOPI POJOK 77 TO CONCLUDE THE ROADTRIP


19th NOVEMBER 2021 ~ The last pit stop of the road trip was this restaurant which bore the name of a coffee stall "KOPI POJOK 77". The eating place was located in Benut, Pontian and when we arrived there at 4:00 p.m., it was still not opened yet. Since we were already there, we decided to just wait [and hang out like teens at one spot somewhere else] until 5:00 p.m. and came back to that place.


There must be something special about this place as it went viral on the internet. That should be the factor that contribute to our patience and determination to wait for the restaurant to start operation.




Then there was someone whom I recognized sitting with his friends in the dining area. I guess I had not met my ex-student of SMK Taman Universiti, Mr. Huzaifah Abd. Rahim, for quite some time and here we met outside the city.

 The place must have opened before 5.00 as there were already people eating when we arrived.








The main attraction was definitely the coffee, I supposed. You could order food from the main kitchen or there was another stall nearby where you could get your soup. At the same time, if you are looking for something light, there were varieties of Malay kuih [sweet (mostly) cakes, usually eaten as dessert] available.


The signature dish would be the special  Char Kuey Tiaw which cost RM10. Correct me if I am wrong. 😊








I must say, I like the ambience of the place very much as diners were not confined behind the four walls. It looked spacious and airy - would be suitable for people coming in a large group.








The coffee session should wrap up our road trip JB - Yong Peng - Batu Pahat - Benut - Johor Bahru. Thanks to my friends of SMK Dato' Jaafar for organizing this outing session and hopefully we could do this again some other time - most probably next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment