Thursday, August 3, 2023

CHICKEN RICE FOR LUNCH AT KUALA BELAIT


   30th MAY 2023    ~ It was actually quite late for lunch and we were taken to this restaurant by our new friend, Mr. Zerul. Bersatu [TRANSLATE: UNITED] Chicken Rice Restaurant sounded too patriotic to me.





Only two or three tables were occupied when we arrived as it was already past lunch hour.




The food was good but the company of a new friend had made it better.


I had the chance to have a short chat with the Chinese woman at the cashier counter who could be the owner of the place. We went to the shops across the restaurant after that. As I was crossing the road after going out from the shop, a male waiter came running to me, handing over a packet of chips and a container of fried salted ground nuts, and I saw the lady cashier smiling and waving at us. How kind and friendly of them to give away some door gifts to the tourists from Malaysia.

One of the gastronomic adventures that I should remember for many more years to come. This should be one place I will be coming back to when I make a return trip to Kuala Belait in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment