Sunday, June 19, 2022

AN-NUR MOSQUE - THE LABUAN STATE MOSQUE


4th JUNE 2022 ~ One of the prominent landmarks of the island is the Annur Mosque which is the State Mosque of Labuan. The mosque has one very high dome with two minarets on both sides.






























The mosque is actually located behind Labuan Point Hotel where I was staying. There was even a shortcut to get to the mosque from the hotel so I could easily walk there to perform my Maghrib and Isya' prayers in the evenings. This had made me feel so much at home when I was there.












The only thing which could be improved, in my personal opinion, is the lighting in the huge praying hall. I just felt the spotlights on the wall did not really do much justice to the whole interior structure at night.

If I were to visit Labuan again in the future, I might be staying at the same hotel so that I could visit the mosque and perform my daily prayers there.

No comments:

Post a Comment