Monday, June 13, 2022

ENJOYING THE PANORAMA AT TANJUNG PURUN BEACH


4th JUNE 2022 ~ The next stop was Tanjung Purun Beach and I hope I got the name of the place right. The reason: there was this spot where people got themselves photographed as the evidence they had been here on the island.


There was a recreational park by the beach where people could just sit down and enjoy the beautiful panorama of the beach. It was a Saturday afternoon but the place was almost empty. On one hand, a long stretch of clean beach without people picnicking or swimming in the calm water under the blue sky was not something I expected.












On the other hand, I got the place all to myself except I did not plan to spend my time under the hot, scorching sun. Instead, I had a long chat with my new friend while enjoying the scenic view of the ocean, sitting under the canopy of the trees near the beach.








There are actually many attractions in the city itself, and Tanjung Purun Beach is one of them. My first impression of the island was that there was not enough effort to develop and promote Labuan as a holiday destination. However, for people who want to get away from noisy tourists, Labuan would be one option to consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment