Thursday, March 23, 2023

WELCOMING THE MONTH OF RAMADHAN 1444H


Ramadan is here again and do you remember the time when we had to stay at home, not only there was no bazaar but also we could not go to the mosque in the holy month? Now that the pandemic is gone, we have to celebrate and cherish the normal life we have.


I was an early bird to be at Kampung Melayu Bazaar Ramadan at 4:00 p.m. I just hate the crowd and the hassle of finding a parking space. We are having two public holidays today and so lucky that the weekends are extended for four days until Sunday. I went early as I was expecting a huge crowd at the market when everyone was on holiday. There were already many people when I arrived at the market.






I was only trying to get some kuih [the food eaten before/after the main course] and at the same time, recceing the choices of food I could buy when I come back to this place some other time.
 





















MY REVIEW: Surprisingly, there was only on stall selling "Nasi Campur" - rice and the the variety of dishes that go together with it. And not many stalls were selling the colourful iced drinks in big containers. Was there only one? Perhaps they had not started business on the first day of Ramadan. I will have to come again later to prove my theory is correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment