Friday, June 23, 2023

BREAKFAST WITH FRIENDS FROM PENANG


Puan Aishah Aboo Bakar, an old friend of UPM TESL Class of 1993, and her son were back in town to attend the wedding of her nephew. I picked them up at Senai Airport and took them straightaway to Selera Johor to get breakfast Johor style.


I took her to this place during Deepavali break last year and she was excited to savour the food this food court had to offer again.


There were Mee Rebus Johor, Sup Merah, Kacang Pool, Fried Mushroom and Sate on the table. I asked Mr. Aiman to try Telur Pindang [herbal boild egg] but her mother was not interested to even take a small bite.


It was only a short gathering before I sent them to their relative's house at Mutiara Rini. I was still happy to get to see them over breakfast in town and hope they will come back again some other time for more gastronomic adventure.

I got my specially baked Samprit [traditional
butter cookies] from Penang

No comments:

Post a Comment