Saturday, June 3, 2023

DINNER AND BREAKFAST WITH A VISITOR - PART ONE


   24th MAY 2023    ~ A dear friend from Labuan decided to come over to Johor Bahru after finishing his course in Port Dickson. Mr. Zaman Abd Kadir had been my driver/guide/travel companion when I for my Labuan and Kota Kinabalu/Kundasang trip, so it was my turn to play tourist guide this time.


Mr. Zaman arrived at Larkin Sentral at about 7:00 p.m. from Melaka Sentral, much earlier than expected. After performing the Maghrib prayer at the mosque at the bus terminal, I took him for dinner at my favourite Ayam Penyet restaurant: L.C. Catering.




That should serve as the introductory session of the gastronomic adventure for a first time visitor to Johor Bahru. Unfortunately, I don't really know too many places to take my friends for meals, and I just take them to eating spots that I am familiar with.




As for breakfast the next morning, I managed to get the permission from the Principal to go out for a short while to accompany Mr. Zaman. The buffet breakfast was taken at the hotel Mr. Zaman was staying, Hallmark Regency Hotel, which was near the school actually. Initially the breakfast package was not included in the hotel booking but an ex-student who was a receptionist there was kind to give us a breakfast treat for the first night stay at the hotel.

That was how my first task as a tourist guide in my hometown was completed. And that was just the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment