Monday, August 31, 2026

ATTENDING AN EX-STUDENT'S SON AQIQAH EVENT


    29TH AUGUST 2026    ~ Apart from wedding invitation, I also go to Aqiqah event - now of my ex-students' children. I feel so old already.


Today's Aqiqah event was of the son of an ex-student's [of SMK Taman Universiti], Mr. Syarifuddin Wahid. My friend and I were a few of the early birds who arrived at his father's house in Taman Universiti at about 5:00 p.m.


Aqiqah refers to the Islamic tradition of sacrificing an animal (usually a sheep or goat) to celebrate and express gratitude for the birth of a child. It is a recommended Sunnah (practice of the Prophet Muhammad) that serves as a symbolic welcome for the newborn.

source: AI Overview










Other than Mr. Syarifuddin, his two other brothers and sisters are also my ex-students. I have been attending many events at his house, like Eid open houses, his father is not a stranger to me.



Thanks to the family for the kind thought of inviting me again to their house. May I will have the opportunity to see the children of these ex-students grow up when I come visiting next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment