Saturday, July 11, 2020

HUNTING FOR "BURASAK" AT "PASAR TANI" (FARMER'S MARKET)

I decided to go the extra mile in search of a special breakfast on a Saturday morning. The only place I know where "Burasak" is sold is at the Pasar Tani [translate: Farmer's Market] in Larkin. Besides, I have not set foot at the market for a long time, even before the COVID-19 pandemic started.

THE PERMANENT DAILY MARKET


I just found out there was this permanent Farmer's Market before reaching the usual spot. I decided to stop by and have a look. The market was smaller, with less stalls operating. I got to find out this market operates every day, except Tuesday.


Visitors still needed to get their temperature checked before entering the premise. I could see (most) people were wearing their face masks.




It was a proper market with roof and electricity, and for one thing, the place was clean.
















Unfortunately, I could not find the sought after "Burasak" so I had to go to the other Farmer's market which was just nearby.


THE WEEKLY FARMER'S MARKET

It was unusually easy to find a parking spot here. The reason: Singaporeans were not here as the border is not opened yet. I guess I was quite early as there were not many people and there was almost no queue at the temperature check counter.



longer queue as I was going home




I saw the stall selling "burasak" right at the side of the entrance, to my delight. Basically, my mission was accomplished. And I ended up buying "Lepat Lui", "Rendang Daging", "Sambal Petai" and "Botok-botok Telur Ikan". 😀












The hardest part was to tell myself not to stop by the nursery and buy more plants. I already have too many to take care of at home.














I will have to come here again when the craving for "Burasak" surfaces again. The danger is that there is always the tendency to buy other items, especially food, from the stalls.

No comments:

Post a Comment