Friday, July 3, 2020

LIFE HAS RETURNED BACK TO NORMAL AT "MAMAK" IN THE EVENING



I decided to get my roti canai [flat bread a.k.a paratha] and teh tarik [milk tea] fix of the evening and went to the nearest Mamak Restaurant near my house, and Mr. Wan Mohd. Nazri, a colleague, was available to join. This should be my first supper session outside after more than 3 months.


There were many people and almost all the tables were occupied by customers. To be able to socially interact with other human beings in real life over food is one of the needs that has to be fulfilled. Hence, Mamak Restaurant has been the place for people to meet for either leisure or business.



We were there at about 10.00 p.m. and everything seemed to happen normally, just like before the COVID-19 scare started. And there was no temperature check, or face mask and social distancing. To make matter worse, people were smoking ignorantly in the restaurant. I guess I was more worried of inhaling the cigarette smoke that would intoxicate my lungs. It is sad to see inconsiderate people who could not abide such a simple rule. I will have to consider going to Mamak again in the future or perhaps just buy take away food.

No comments:

Post a Comment