Wednesday, July 26, 2023

SEEING LEMBAH BUJANG BUT NOT IN THE HISTORY TEXTBOOK ANYMORE


    15th JULY 2023     ~ I had been to Angkor Wat in Siem Reap and Borobudur in Jogjakarta. When I saw this historic site by the roadside, while on the way to Tanjung Dawai from Sungai Petani, my friends had no reason not to stop even just for a short while for me to have a glance of this place.















There was no entrance fee but one had to register to enter into the gated compound. You could also follow a guided tour of the place if you are willing to pay for the service but that should be worth the money.




I had been seeing the photos and illustrations of Lembah Bujang in my school textbooks many years ago and now everything came so real right in front of me.








The soil was dug for excavation work under the shelters built, perhaps to protect the work from being destroyed by the heat and rain. And there were actually many of these sheltered spots around the area.

















This was actually a huge area to explore and we did not have much time in hand, especially when I had a plane to catch later in the evening. Even though I did not have the chance to learn more about the ancient Kedah Government that day, that should be the reason for me to come back to this place one more time. And there is also a Lembah Bujang Museum that could be visited actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment