Thursday, April 18, 2019

EXPLORING THE UPPER LEVELS OF JAGALCHI MARKET



23rd MARCH 2019 ~ After exploring the wet market on the ground floor, it was time to see what could be found on the second and third floor of the market building.


In the centre section of the second floor, there were some shops selling dried and preserved seafood items. The temptation to buy something from here was very strong but I had to remind myself that my luggage wouldn't smell good if I took back any of the seafood home.







dried seaweed

anchovies



are those dried eels hanging?


more anchovies


dried squids


On the left and right wings of the second floor were the many food stalls. I was there too early for lunch so not many people could be seen. You could bring the fresh seafood bought from the wet market here to be cooked and of course you would be charged for that.













I thought there would be some sort of exhibition for visitors on the third floor but there was none. There was this huge open area overlooking the ocean and people just came there to take photos.








After seeing all the fresh seafood sold in the market, I was already happy but I was not ready for more surprise outside waiting for me.

TO BE CONTINUED...


No comments:

Post a Comment