Wednesday, April 10, 2019

EXPLORING GAMCHEON CULTURE VILLAGE IN BUSAN - PART THREE



Basically what people did when I was there was just to wander around, walking up and down the hilly area of the village at a very slow pace. I was lucky as when I arrived at about 2.00 p.m. other tourists I met were the few people who were in the same bus from the subway station.

Gamcheon cat #1





This was the place where I met a group of gossiping elderly ladies and one of them told me in Korean to go up the stairs. And I religiously obeyed her instruction even though I was not sure what was there awaiting for me.










There were may spots for people to stop by and take photographs. Can you imagine the time when digital camera or smart phone was not invented yet? People must have spent a lot of money just to take photos when they traveled.






There was this building, something to do with a power station, which had a small 3-D exhibit of the houses in Gamcheon Village - which reminded me a lot of Lego blocks.
































No land, no problem. Many villagers had their own small gardens outside their houses.


There was this spot called "Stairs to See the Stars". There were steep steps going uphill, not to literally see stars in the sky. That would be the effect on people climbing up these 148 series of stairs  carrying heavy loads. Guess what will happen if the place is named "Stars to See the Heaven"?







There are more interesting things about this village to be shared in the next part.




No comments:

Post a Comment