Saturday, May 1, 2021

A LABOUR DAY WEEKEND FILLED WITH SURPRISES


When the courier man called, telling me that he had left a parcel at the front door, I did not know what to expect as I did not remember buying anything online.



It was a box of Eid cookies which were nicely wrapped from a friend of UPM TESL class of 1993. The package had traveled all the way from Selangor, I think. Thanks Puan Zarinamahnum Hj. Alias for the surprise and I promise I will eat those cookies when Eid arrives.



Then later in the evening, someone arrived in front of the house, handing over other Eid goodies - pineapple tarts and "Serunding" [dried shredded meat with spices] from another UPM TESL friend, Puan Suhana Abdul Jamal, who is currently residing in Sungai Petani and her sister the delivery girl, Puan Hasanah Abdul Jamal, the one who has become a family friend.








Much earlier when I was in school expecting the visit from the officers from Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia [Health Ministry], a familiar face appeared at the office door on the 1st of May, a Labour Day public holiday. It was none other than Miss Shanu Lingam, an ex-student of SMK Taman Universiti [SPM batch 2010]. This should be a formal meeting so I had to maintain professional my demeanour even though I was excited to see an ex-student.

This should be one of the best Labour Day holidays for me, ever. Thanks again to my friends for the Eid's gifts and may Allah repay your good deeds in this holy month of Ramadhan. Even though we stay far apart, generosity and kindness know no boundaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment