Wednesday, March 10, 2021

AN UNPLANNED 19th ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION AT "GEORGE AND DRAGON"


It was initially the usual coffee and cake session and it was decided at the eleventh hour. As usual, there would be someone who ordered other than cake and coffee.


This time the chosen venue was "George & Dragon" in Taman Tasek. I had been passing by the cafe all my life but only today, I was seated inside and instantly amazed with the interior decor of the place. I felt like I was in the UK.










I had English scones - the real ones, with butter, cream cheese and strawberry jam.










We met Ms. Rachel, the friendly daughter of the cafe's owner, who then introduced us to the male Malay Muslim chef who prepared the food in the kitchen. He is a living proof that the food is halal and we should have no doubt about it.




By the way, we had someone's niece joining the gathering this time but I think she just fitted in well as she is also an English teacher.


Mr. and Mrs. Khir were actually celebrating their 19th wedding anniversary today and to our surprise, a piece of cake, was eventually brought to the table.




Good food, great place and excellent service - do expect me to return again to "George & Dragon" real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment