Tuesday, March 9, 2021

VISITING AND EXPLORING KONG KONG FOR THE FIRST TIME


 6th MARCH 2021 ~  After all these years living in Johor Bahru, I finally stepped foot in the small town of Kong Kong in Masai. I had heard of people going to this place for its seafood restaurants, being someone who is actually not that adventurous when it comes to eating, I had laid no interest in visiting. However, my ex-schoolmate, Mr. Razib Nordin, suggested this place for our regular weekend's eat-out session and I was excited to finally be there.


When I arrived that Saturday afternoon, there were already many cars parked in the open space prepared. My first impression of this place was it should be some kind of a small fishing village as the river and boats came into view. It was stated on the sign board the exact name of the place was Kampung Sungai Latoh [translate: Latoh River Village].






After we were done with lunch, it was time to explore the place. According to my friend, the place had gone through a lot of changes since the last time he was here many years ago.






There was this row of food stalls by the river so visitors could opt out for other kinds of food if they did not want to eat the seafood at the bigger restaurants. I am yet to do some research to find out if there would be any special food from any of those stalls.


There was a jetty for people to get on the boats - to get to the floating chalets, or for fishing activities. There was also a cruise boat available for visitors to sail on the river.






There seemed to be chalets too beside the food stalls.
















We stopped by at the mosque for our Asar prayer. It should be located on a high ground as we could see the river from there.






All in all, it was an interesting place that offered quite a number of activities. I do hope I could get back here many more times, perhaps just to try other food, especially as it is not too far away from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment