Monday, March 8, 2021

VENTURING OUT FOR THE WEEKEND'S GASTRONOMIC ADVENTURE


  6th MARCH 2021 ~  We ventured further out a bit for the weekend's gastronomic adventure. The chosen venue was Kong Kong in Masai which was about 43 kilometres away from my place. Mr. Razib Nordin, my ex-schoolmate, wanted to introduce me to this particular seafood restaurant built on stilt over the river named "Titian Jaya".


We arrived at about 3:00 p.m. and there were just a few people, a family of four people., having their lunch. We were the only occupants once they left the place.



While waiting for the food to be prepared, the time was spent to observe the surroundings. The place was actually buzzing with activities on that Saturday afternoon and the river was busy with boats cruising on the water almost all the time.
 






















Eventually, lunch was served. We ordered the lunch set that could be consumed by four people as it was actually cheaper than getting rice and dishes ala carte. And we finished everything on the table except the rice - to prove that the food actually was not that much. 😁










THE VERDICT: the food was good and the eating experience was a pleasant one because of the natural environment. I felt as if I was on a holiday. And most importantly I now have a new place to take my friends to when they come visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment