Thursday, February 1, 2024

DONATING BLOOD AT THE HOSPITAL


31st JANUARY 2024 ~ I received a letter back in November 2023 from the Blood Donation Centre of Hospital Sultanah Aminah [HSA], informing me that they had sent my blood for random sampling and found that I belonged to Phenotype rare type group. Prior to that, I was asked to attend a counseling session at the hospital in January. That worried me a lot so I did some research on the Internet and asked two of my doctor friends what it was actually about.


When I went to the hospital for the supposedly counseling session, I was asked first to fill in blood donation form and the officer at the counter told me then only the doctor would explain about the condition I was having. 😉


It was not a counseling session after all but more of a consultation meeting. And I went to donate my blood after that.




I have O group blood but then could be the rare type. The doctor told me the hospital might contact me just in case they need me to donate some more for any emergency cases. I felt like I am a member of the X-Men already.

FOOTNOTE: if you donate blood during a campaign organized by NGO, you could get better goodie bags with more contents inside. 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment