Saturday, July 13, 2024

THE KOPRATASA CAFE IN KUANTAN


   28th JUNE 2024    ~ Kopratasa was a popular Malay trio band in the 80's and they sang songs which lyrics came from poems of prominent Malay poets. They originally were street musicians and were active in the local art and music scenes. I was told by a staff of the museum I visited [READ HERE] of the existence of the Kopratasa Cafe near the River Esplanade [READ HERE]. I walked and walked, and successfully spotted it.


It was a small cafe with a few tables and stools, and three-third of the shop was actually filled with memorabilia of the band, as well as classic items of the past.


The place was actually labelled as "Gudang Karya Kopratasa" and was newly launched on 25th May 2024.














I think one of the group members was there, talking to someone. I could not recognize him and dared not ask.




There were actually many hipster cafes in Kuantan city. However, why was the Kopratasa Cafe set up in Kuantan, was something I would have to do some research on later.
















And the song "Masihkah Kau Ingat?" kept playing in my head as I was leaving the place.




No comments:

Post a Comment