Thursday, September 13, 2018

VISITING AND BEING REUNITED WITH FRIENDS IN SEREMBAN


9th SEPTEMBER 2018 ~ Someone was kind enough to open the door to her house in Seremban for another visit. So we (I was accompanied by an ex-student, Mr. Hamzah) drove from Melaka City on a Saturday morning, heading to Seremban 2 to meet Puan Sakinah Ismail, her husband, Mr. Azhar and the daughter, and all the cats as well.








We were served with the delicious home-cooked "mee kari" [translate: curry noodles] and "carbonara popia" [carbonara roll].








Then, Puan Zarinah Jalil, another old friend from UPM whom I had not seen for 30 years, arrived to join in the mini reunion. I must say she had not changed a bit, just the way I saw her when we were in college.










I could not stay too long at her place as we had to get back to Johor Bahru. We would have to go back to school the very next day.

I have to thank Puan Sakinah Ismail and her family for the delicious food, but most importantly for the kindness, warmth and hospitality. I am now worried I would not be able to reciprocate what they had done if they come to Johor Bahru in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment