Wednesday, September 23, 2020

MY HOMETOWN GASTRONOMIC ADVENTURE - CENDOL KAMPUNG HULU


It was time again for everyone's cooling, sweet dessert - cendol. This time I had the opportunity to try the cendol that had always appeared on my Facebook newsfeed: Cendol Kampung Hulu. To do just that, I had to go to one of the latest attractions in town, B5 in Tampoi area. There will be more things to write about this new spot in my upcoming post.


My bowl of cendol which was Cocktail Cendol cost RM8, and the regular one eaten by my companion was only RM6. The most expensive would be the Durian Cendol which would make you pay RM16.


The cendol stall was located at the area where the container houses were clustered together. I at first thought it should be inside the food court but couldn't find it when I wen searching there. You could only make a take away purchase from the counter though which means you need to go to somewhere else to eat your cendol. We just chose the food court which was the easiest one to do.


Upon googling, I found that Cendol Kampung Hulu originated from Kampung Hulu in Melaka and is actually quite popular. It is a good thing that this local delicacy is now in town so we don't have to travel far just to experience the gastronomic adventure.



MY VERDICT: If you are craving for the traditional cendol with the creamy coconut milk, then you will be disappointed as this version of cendol tastes more like the Korean Bingsu with a scoop ice-cream on top and shaved iced at the bottom. This cendol has been given a new vibe and looks and tastes more hipster. It should worth the try, but I think I will still go for the usual one, which is way much cheaper. 😀 I guess my young friend (who is actually an ex-student), Mr. Aqil Mohd. Nasir, must have enjoyed this more than me.
 
a free key-chain


No comments:

Post a Comment