Wednesday, September 16, 2020

THE EARLY SUPPER SESSION AND AN UNEXPECTED REUNION


15TH SEPTEMBER 2020 ~ The supper date was set with Mr. Masrizal Sayute, an ex-colleague of SMK Taman Universiti, as he wanted to give me the fish crackers he bought all the way from Terengganu. We decided to meet at Warisan Noor Restaurant in Taman Universiti, which is one of our  most frequently visited spots.



I had not been to Taman Universiti in the evening for quite some time and was surprised to see the commercial area was not buzzing with activities like the way it used to be. This should be the impact of the pandemic to our everyday lives.


While waiting for Mr. Masrizal to arrive, suddenly someone who looked so familiar appear out of nowhere. It was another ex-student of SMK Taman Universiti, Mr. Ridzuan Hassan, of SPM batch 2016. He and his other two friends were the people who had been helping me to lock the grills of the gates around school without fail during school days when they were in Form 2. Two of them moved away to other schools when they were in form 4 and I still owed them a treat for helping me do that. Now that I was reunited again with Mr. Ridzuan, then it should be possible to do keep my promise.


There will be more reports of gathering over lunch and dinner after this. That seems to be the only exciting pastime activities I do these days. You have been warned!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment