Tuesday, September 17, 2019

CELEBRATING MID AUTUMN FESTIVAL IN SCHOOL


14th SEPTEMBER 2019 ~ The Chinese Language Society of SMK Dato Jaafar celebrated the Mid Autumn Festival in school in the evening. This was the second time for me attending such event but this year it seemed to be more exciting. There was this mini concert and besides the boys doing the usual performances like singing. martial arts (wushu), Chinese drums and playing musical instrument, the Convent girls were invited too to perform the Chinese Yoyo (diablo). There was also another girl singing solo but I didn't where she was from.









The highlight of the event was the lighting of the lanterns and then we all walked around the school compound one time with the lanterns in our hands. Another significant item related to the celebration would be the mooncake.






This should be one of the rare moments I got to hold a real lighted lantern and walk together with my friends. You have to google it yourself about the history of this Mid Autumn Festival in the Chinese culture to understand better. It was fun for me except I still needed to wake up early for school the next day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment