Saturday, September 21, 2019

MY PHNOM PENH GASTRONOMIC ADVENTURE - ROTI CANAI AND TEH TARIK IN CAMBODIA


14th AUGUST 2019 ~ I managed to find this halal restaurant when I was having a conversation with a Muslim lady stall operator who spoke Malay language selling gemstones at the Central Market. She was kind to even drew me the map how to get to the place on small piece of paper. The restaurant was near to the market, just two blocks away. The name of the place is "Mamak's Corner".



There were many Malaysians eating when I arrived and they were all traveling in one big group. They were in Cambodia for the "qurban" [slaughtering of the animals like cows and goats to feed the poor and less fortunate people] during the Eid ul Adha.


I got my proper Malaysian breakfast on my second day in Phnom Penh - two pieces of roti canai [flat bread] and teh tarik [tea with milk].


For the food and drinks, I had to pay USD4.50 which was equal to RM18.00 and the same food would just cost me less than RM5.00. Well, that happens most of the time when you travel abroad and getting halal food is that easy. One reason I always bring my food ration from home when I go for holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment