Friday, September 27, 2019

VISITING KANDAL MARKET IN THE MORNING - PART 1


If you want to see the real local people and how the live their lives, the best way is to visit the wet market in the morning. People go to the morning market in their everyday attires and the women do not put too much make up so they look less fake.


I was here in Kandal Market twice on the 15th and 16th August 2019 - to look around on the first day, and to buy some fruits to bring back home on the second day. I just found out it is actually prohibited to bring in fruits into the country via the airport but I have been doing that all this while.


The market was actually very near to the hotel I was staying so I happily walked there, and the roads were not still filled with many vehicles.




I was there at about 8:00 a.m. and the market was flocked with people. I wonder whether all these people were housewives who do not have to go to work at all.










How I wish I could get all the fresh vegetables, fruits, fish and other aquatic lives in the market at home.
















The place was huge. It was something common to get lost in the lively morning market and not able yo find the entrance I first came in. So I just went with the flow and enjoyed myself at the morning market.

TO BE CONTINUED IN PART 2 . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment