Thursday, September 26, 2019

MY PHNOM PENH GASTRONOMIC ADVENTURE - HAVING REAL FOOD AT "HALAL RESTAURANT"


14th AUGUST 2019 ~ My quest for real halal food in Phnom Penh was successful when I found this halal restaurant which bore the name "HALAL RESTAURANT" in the middle of the city.


I arrived quite late, after 9.00 p.m., but there were still many people inside the place and it was still bustling with activities.






I decided just to have the ordinary fried rice and omelette filled with chicken strips. The fried rice cost me 10 000 Rielm equaled to RM10 which was much cheaper than the "roti canai" (flat bread) I had the day before.


There were these two Malaysians who came to the restaurant and there was no vacant table so I offered them to sit with me. We quickly struck a conversation over dinner and they are from Pasir Putih, Kelantan. They even paid for my dinner that evening, which was actually quite embarrassing to a certain extend, when someone you got to know for less than half an hour gave you a treat. Thank you Tuan Haji Zamani and Kak Wan for the kind gesture and may Allah repay your kindness one day. We exchanged phone numbers before we left and I hope they would come to Johor Bahru one day so I could reciprocate.

I was happy not only I got to eat a proper dinner, but I also had made new friends.


[M Y   P H N O M   P E N H    V I S I T   M A I N   P A G E]

No comments:

Post a Comment