Thursday, September 5, 2019

THE CATS CAFE IN PHNOM PENH - PART ONE


13th AUGUST 2019 ~ I got to know the Palace would only be opened to public at 2.00 p.m. It was still early, the weather was (very) hot and I was thirsty. I had to sit down somewhere cooler while waiting for the palace gate to open. Then I saw this Chmma Catfe and decided this was the place to be.


If you bought any drinks here, you could just sit and play with the cats. Or else, you would have to pay to get inside. I desperately needed iced drinks so I purchased a glass of refreshing iced-lemon tea without any hesitation.




There were a few locals and foreigners when I went inside. There were like 15 cats but they were all napping. I wondered whether they were all on sleeping pills at that time.






































I just sat, observed and sipped my iced lemon tea. There was just one cat which was sleeping near me that I could pet easily.

"Time spent with cats is never wasted."
~ Sigmund Freud ~

TO BE CONTINUED IN PART TWO

No comments:

Post a Comment