Wednesday, September 11, 2019

THE ROYAL PALACE OF CAMBODIA - PART THREE



13th AUGUST 2019 ~ The last section of the Cambodian Royal Palace was the ground which the Silver Pagoda was located (and I was already hot, tired and thirsty by this time). I could not remember the exact building where you could find the Silver Buddha and other items related to Buddhism. UNFORTUNATELY, again, visitors were not allowed to use their cameras here.


I think this should be the Silver Pagoda.





Stupa of King Norodon Suramarit
Stupa Kantha Bopha






inside thus shrub, there is a temple on a small hill






Statue of King Norodom





On the way out, there were other small buildings which were exhibition galleries. They even had traditional Cambodian houses with local women doing demonstration of silk-weaving.

















I personally feel the galleries were too small and the exhibits too many. They could build another museum just to display all the items to the visitors.



a palace cat napping

I enjoyed myself very much to be here - to be able to at least see the lifestyle of the Cambodian royalty. When you possess a lot of money, you could always build huge and beautiful buildings.


There was a band playing live traditional Cambodian music which I managed to record and uploaded on my Youtube channel. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment