Sunday, May 19, 2019

MY HOMETOWN GASTRONOMIC ADVENTURE : ALMIZAN SATAY HOUSE IN KAMPUNG MELAYU


18th MAY 2019 ~ A date for "moreh" (a light meal taken after the "terawikh" prayer in the month of Ramadhan) was set with a group of ex-students of SMK Taman Universiti SPM batch 2006.


Nowadays it would be a rare opportunity to hang out with them as either they are occupied with their work or family.


The initial plan was to meet at the famous Murtabak Kampung Melayu. However, all the stalls were closed early in the fasting month. So we went to Mr. Solleh's original plan to go to Almizan Satay House which was nearby. Luckily the restaurant was still opened at 11:00 p.m.


This was my first time here even though I have been seeing the shop every time I pass the area along the regular route I use to drive along.




This should be another option of where I could take my friends to have dinner when they come to Johor Bahru. The satay is highly recommended.


Thanks to all - Mr. Hamzah, Mr. Aminuddin and Mr. Suhaizie and thanks Mr. Solleh for the treat. It was great to be able to sit down and chat over food, just like old time.

No comments:

Post a Comment